The Sports Pad for use on elbow or knee
One of the most efficient and intense Light Emitting Diode products for the knee and elbow that you will find. The pad holds two sets of 54 tightly woven monochromatic red and infra-red diodes that provide full coverage of red and infra-red pulsating light - over a total of 31.5 square inches of skin.
That gives 108 diode light saturation - 48 red (at 640nm) and 60 infrared (at 880nm).
The plug-in power controller gives 7 settings and combinations of them, with times from 10 to 30 minutes. There is a power choice from Standard to Power Boost.
The Sports Pad can be used for prophylactic treatments, therapy and rehabilitation in a variety of medical areas, and is totally safe for home use. It works by having a number of infrared and visible light emitting diodes on flexible neoprene pads that can be applied directly to the skin on any body part.
For elbows and knees, tendonitis, ligament injuries, tennis elbow, muscle injuries, arthritis. In addition, many use the Sports Pad on the neck or lower back with the pads on both sides of the spine. This is a tool that will give value over time for multiple applications.
In the boost cycle the light delivery is increased by 40% over ordinary diode duty cycles. Some infrared systems may burn the skin if left on too long. This is not an issue with the Healthlight Sports Pad. The Healthlight also has a built in timer and an auto shut-off feature.
What it does
- Provides a greater range of motion
- Releases Nitric Oxide (NO) to increase local circulation
- Increases the formation of new capillaries to replace damaged ones
- Reduces chronic or acute pain
- Eliminates or reduce swelling
- Speads healing of wounds
- Stimulate fibroblastic activity that aids in the repair process
- Increase phagocytosis, for the purpose of clean up to fight infection
- The light raises the temperature of the cells through a photochemical reaction
- Stimulates tissue granulation and connective tissue projections, which are part of the healing process of wounds, ulcers or inflamed tissues
After taking a very nasty fall in the kitchen onto ceramic flooring I did further damage to an existing injury to my knee.I had previously torn the cruciate ligament a few years before and had never really recovered fully. I was always cautious when turning too quickly, or running. After this particular fall I was totally incapable of putting any weight whatsoever onto my leg and was preparing myself for yet another long treatment and recovery process.
I religiously used the light pad day and night and whenever else convenient during the day and had the following results:
- A marked and rapid decrease in the swelling
- Pain relief
- A much faster recovery than normal, in terms of getting back to walking confidently
- A stronger knee than I had before the original damage took place
Lynne Dabirilai, Bio-Energetician, Camberley, Surrey